CircuCare 2 oz Organic Herbal Tincture
A Comprehensive Herbal Blend Designed to Optimize the Circulation of Blood, Particularly to the Extremities, Head and Heart
• Hawthorne is a tonic to the heart and circulatory system. Hawthorne has been used medicinally since at least the 1st century C.E. This plant contains a variety of flavonoids including oligomeric procyanidins (OPCs). Hawthorn may improve coronary artery blood flow, contractions of the heart muscle, exercise tolerance, and overall circulation. Clinical studies have shown hawthorne to be beneficial for congestive heart failure.
• Horse Chestnut is used to increase vascular integrity and decrease edema. This herb targets spider veins and varicosities and research shows it to be effective for chronic venous insufficiency. Horse chestnut may also help reduce edema following injury, trauma, and surgery.
• Gingko biloba leaf promotes blood flow to the brain. Gingko is used for mild cognitive impairment, depression, tinnitus, and headaches. This antioxidant herb may enhance cardiovascular health by reducing emboli formation and relaxing blood vessels.
• Bilberry is closely related to American blueberry. Bilberry contains anthocyanosides which are flavonoids with potent antioxidant activity. Anthocyanosides may strengthen capillaries, support connective tissue formation, and optimize venous blood flow.
• Rosemary is best known for its role in cooking, but it also has many medicinal uses. Rosemary enhances blood flow by relaxing smooth muscle and thereby dilating arterioles. Rosemary is said to have an affinity for the head, improving circulation to the brain and benefiting vision, memory, and mood.
• Butcher’s broom root is an evergreen shrub native to the Mediterranean region. Butcher’s broom contains steroidal saponins which are thought to be the active constituents that improve venous strength and tone. Butcher’s broom has been shown in research studies to improve chronic venous insufficiency. It may enhance venous constriction which would help blood return from the extremities.
• Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) stimulates circulation to the head. Gotu kola reduces anxiety and enhances memory, possibly by balancing catecholamines. Centella is trophorestorative, restoring optimal function to the nervous system.
• Bayberry root (Myrica cerifera) is a shrub that grows near the Atlantic coast and Lake Erie. Since it is an alterative and astringent, this stimulating herb has been used to treat jaundice and diarrhea, and is an effective external poultice for ulcers. As an astringent, bayberry can reduce inflammation and mucus production in the upper respiratory tract. Many herbalists recommended it as a gargle for throat inflammation and gum health. In small doses, bayberry is thought to improve overall circulation.
• Prickly ash bark, which is a native plant of North America, is ideal for insufficient circulation in the extremities and impaired digestion. Prickly ash has been used to treat varicose veins, chilblains, Raynaud’s disease, leg cramps, and other conditions related to poor circulation. Prickly ash has many other uses as well, including as a sialagogue (increases salivation), carminative, alterative, antispasmodic, and more.
• Cayenne is often added to herbal tinctures to have a synergizing effect, enhancing the actions of all of the other herbs in the formula. In addition, cayenne improves circulation. Topical applications of cayenne may be helpful for reducing the pain of arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, psoriasis, postsurgical pain, and fibromyalgia.
Serving Size: 1 Full Dropper
Servings Per Container: 48
- Hawthorne 15%
- Horse Chestnut 15%
- Ginkgo Biloba 15%
- Bilberry 10%
- Rosemary 10%
- Butchers Broom 10%
- GotuKola 10%
- Bayberry 5%
- Prickly Ash bark 5%
- Cayenne 5%
Other ingredients: 40% alcohol as a preservative.
Take 1-2 full droppers 1-2 times per day
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your health care practitioner before taking this or any herbal product.